- Pinterest is a Social Media network where people create a ‘board’ where they share their thoughts and ideas through photos, cartoons, or animations. Fellow Pinners can then see other people’s boards and chose to follow them.
- The first stage of Pinterest is you must choose 5 ‘Boards’ that you wish to follow from the extensive category list. Pinterest only offers the most popular boards of each category that you must follow. This was a bit limiting I found, as I was unable not allowed to continue to the home page without having chosen 5 boards to follow.
- Have time up your sleeve! Personally, at the time I went to sign up I had very little time on my hands. TIP: between trying to sign up and choosing ‘boards’ it really requires time and effort. Have time to explore Pinterest.
- Pinterest is a place where you can buy and sell ‘gifts’. There are a huge number of products on offer. There is no limit to the types of products available, everything from Christmas trees, coffee tables, pearl earrings or wedding dresses. This is one of the amazing elements Pinterest has to offer.
- Here are some basic Pinterestwords you need to know to get you started:
Pins – are the images that people can see.
Pinners – the term given to people that use Pinterest.
Category – Each board or Pin has a category. A board could be about architecture, Men’s Fashion, Tattoos or BlueCordial!
Gifts – Pinterest allows people to sell their items via their board. Simply upload a photo of the product and a price range and other pinners can show interest in your product.