As the Year of the Dragon dawns …. And our western calendar is nearly 1/12 of the way through, I have drawn up a short list of five New Year resolutions … a list of promises I promise not to make:
- Expecting that phone call
- Attending a Pilates class 4 times per week
- Reading every word of every library book borrowed
- Interfere … when your safety is compromised
- Stop networking socially
As my little brother said, decades ago, that which has been routed round the world many times: “tis what it tis” …. I wish I could hangout with that motto more often!
How about you? Who are you hanging out with this year?
On topic, a dozen significant Social Media iterance’s captured my interest during January, 2012, in no particular order, they include:
- Web conferencing tools and the rise of Google+ fulfilling this niche
- Folksonomy v taxonomy: how we, ordinary and uniquely personal users, can affect and effect the language and algorithmic search results returned to us by taking the time to ‘tag’
- Assignment 2, the EAAA
- The Australian Year of the Farmer
- Content curation is a 21st Century meme for delivering useful, timely, appropriately targeted information
- Delicious … still annoys me
- Flickr, I feel, is being challenged by Facebook and the applications and folksonomies perpetually created there.
- Delighted to meet the HoS
- Learnt a new language and unearthed a surprise number of closet bikers
- Straw baling architectural detailing
- The library books, like Noah’s animals, came 2 by 2
- HAD – Happy Australia Day
|2012 – Australian Year of the Farmer (Source: yearofthefarmer.com.au )|
Prior to January, 2012, and coincidentally in the Chinese Year of the Dragon, I was unaware there was an alternatively spelt “draggin”. One does not know what one does not know …. once learnt, there is no going back.
Finally, “if content is King, networking is Queen”(Cameron, A., 2012) …. borrowing Skadi Nova’s (2012) phrase: “I am reaching SM saturation” … and loving hanging out with it!
Cameron, A., (2012). Corp.klout.com/blog/2012/01/klout-star-alister-cameron
Nova, S., (2012). Personal communications. Google+