Thursday, December 31, 2009
What is an orb?
Occurring every 18-20 years, the blue moon, tonight, also heralds the end of 2009.
In an ever evolving and revolving world … designs, colours and plans follow suit. Archecolour is here to help you secure the designs, colours and plans that you are most comfortable living in or working with.
Graphics, stories, projects and thoughts will populate each loaded with the intention of sparking inspiration and helping you acheive the comfortable, wakky, slick or chic space you are seeking.
Now, back on topic …. an orb: is
1. Sphere: a sphere or spherical object
2. Jewelled sphere of king or queen: a small sphere usually made from a precious metal set with jewels and with a cross fixed to the top of it that forms part of a sovereign’s ceremonial regalia.
3. Eye: Eye or eyeball
4. Area of interest: A sphere of interest, influence or activity
5. Concentric planet-holding sphere: Astronomy: one of the concentric spheres that were formerly believed by astronombers to hold the planets in their orbital paths
6. Spherical astronomical object: Astronomy: a spherical astronomical object, especially the Sun, Moon or Earth
Orb (verb): Encircle; Make circular
Ref: Encarta dictionary English (uk) online.
Putting it all together: Archecolour
” is the design eye that transforms your sphere of work, home or play into a jewel that helps you enjoy the colours of our orb, earth”
Happy blue moon … and I look forward to meeting you in the New Year.